Candles, Aromatherapy & Soaps (Home) > Soaps > Make Liquid Hand Soap
Soap Making Basics: How to Make Liquid Hand Soap
It will be interesting if you make your own liquid hand soap at home and use it during you bath or wash, you will certainly feel the difference, quite freshening and relaxing.
You must be using liquid hand soaps form the market, and you must have noticed and felt that the smell is quite usual and monotonous. But if you make your own liquid hand soap then you will have lots of choices regarding the scents and colors. It is easy to make, and that will certainly boost your creativity and productivity. Same time you can save quite a lot of money.
It will be helpful, if you go through the instruction carefully and make a mind to make your own liquid hand wash soap. It is sure once you get success in your hand wash soap making project, then you will definitely get motivated and encouraged to carry out making your hand made liquid soap all the years. At the same time you will be experimenting different colors and fragrances to give various tastes.
The ingredients and apparatus needed for making hand wash soap
- One bar of soap to be grated, make a point of using your most favorite soap.
- Add 1 cup of boiling water and grated soap into a blender and set it on “whip.”
- Add glycerin 1 tablespoon and honey 1 tablespoon and stir it.
- Cool the mixture for about 15 or 20 minutes and then again “whip” it.
- Add some cold water to make it 6 cups in total.
- Whip the mixture once again.
- Finally, pour the mixture into a container without closing the lid and cool it.
- One bar Ivory soap or white color fragrance soap to be grated
- One cup washing soda
- One saucepan
- one bucket
- Put the grated Ivory soap in the saucepan and add sufficient water to it.
- Then melt it in medium heat until the soap gets dissolved.
- Make a point to stir it constantly and do not let the soap to boil.
- Pour three gallons of hot water into your bucket, and then add the melted soapy water from the saucepan.
- Slowly stir the mixture in the bucket, and add the washing soda.
- Stir the mixture, when everything get dissolved the let it get cool.
- Finally, put the soap into a dispenser pump. Then it is ready for use.
- One tablespoon of your favorite herb
- One tablespoon of Yucca root
- 3.5 ounces of distilled water
- Boil your water and herbs for about 15 to 20 minutes. Strain the herbs and keep the liquid aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin in the liquid.
- Grate one non-scented shampoo bar, and take about 3.5 ounces of it, and put into a saucepan. Add around 14 ounces of water. Bring the water and grated shampoo to a boil point and gradually reduce the heat until it gets dissolved.
- Add the mixture to the herbal infusion.
- Add 15 drops of your favorite fragrance oil. (Optional)
- Finally cool it and store in a dispenser pump for use.
VISITOR COMMENTS on "Soap Making Basics: How to Make Liquid Hand Soap":
Bookmark This Page:
Send Page to a Friend
Aromatherapy and Soaps
Skin Care and Beauty Product
Candle and Accessories