Candles, Aromatherapy & Soaps (Home) > Soaps > Soap Making Recipes
Soap Making Recipes
There are as many soap making recipes as you would ever want. How? Simple – it all depends upon how you improvise and what you add for improvisation. You could make different color soaps, different scent soaps, different richness soap, for extra softness, for extra oily or dry skin – you name it; you can do it.
The Basics of Soap Making
Anybody can make soap today. All you need is a little fat, oil, lye and water. You need to go through the process a couple of times so you can understand first hand how the beginning of saponification looks; what it tracing and so on. Once you master the process and can go through it without a hitch – you could start adding new ingredients and make your own combinations depending upon what you want and need to make.
The Variations You Could Use
The variations you could use are totally unlimited. Anything and everything can be added to the soap to make it unusual and different:
- Glitter – you could add a little glitter to the soap mix in the last stage and have some excellent fancy soaps which you could use as gifts. Besides glitter you could add rose petals, saffron threads, little paper thin stars, sequins, etc. All these would look great as a gift to anyone you love.
- Extra fat – some people love their soaps extra creamy and lathery. For this purpose you would need shea butter or cocoa butter or olive oil to be added in the last lap of the process. You could experiment with different types of fats until you find the texture you really like.
- Glycerin – people who have rough or dry skin love the feeling of glycerin. Adding glycerin instead of extra fat makes a soap which not only is very soft on the skin, but also one that helps keeping the moisture inside the skin for a longer time, giving the skin a youthful and rejuvenated look.
- Color – just as the fat, this is also one of the greatest choices you have. There are plenty of colors out there that you could add; you could create a new repertoire of colors by mixing some yourself. This is really lots of fun.
- Shape – here too you could create your specific mark. You could find some type of mold that leaves an impression on anyone who sees it and also somehow say something about you. Whether it is meant to be a gift, for sale online or offline, or just your own personal use – the shape would definitely tell people something about you. So why not send the right message out there?
As you can see, you can have as many variations to the recipe of making soap as you would want. It is not important to know many recipes; rather it is important that you know one but the best way. Making soap is not at all difficult and with a little practice you could use this talent as micro business or excellent gift for your friends and loved ones.
VISITOR COMMENTS on "Soap Making Recipes":
|1. How to Make Homemade Soap
How to Make Homemade Soap
Soap making process
The ingredients are: 50 Ounces Olive Oil, 17 Ounces Coconut Oil, 18 Ounces [...]
|2. Night Creams
Night creams are perhaps the oldest and most conventional beauty custom there is and more than the decades, the assortment and various formulations of these [...]
|3. Orange Blossom: Benefits, Using Tips and Side Effects
Orange Blossom: Benefits, Using Tips and Side Effects
Orange essential oil are taken by steam distillation of fresh plant material, The acids in the fruit juice break down [...]
|4. Massage Products: Types, Benefits and Uses
How do Massage Products Enhance the Massage Experience?
Massages are known to have healing powers. If applied by a professional with [...]
Bookmark This Page:
Send Page to a Friend
Aromatherapy and Soaps
Skin Care and Beauty Product
Candle and Accessories