Candles, Aromatherapy & Soaps (Home) > Massage > Back Massage
How to Give a Relaxing Back Massage?
Everyone loves a good Back massage and thinks only experts are able to give it , but learning, how to give a proper and relaxing back massage, is actually not all that hard. Even if you don't attend masseuse school, you can still learn the basics on giving a Back massage
Tips on how to give a Back massage
- There are some basic steps that you need to learn in order to give a soothing and adequate Back Massage, which are as follows:
- Lay the person on his stomach on a firm and comfortable surface, such as a massage bed. Be sure that you lay a person in such a place that you easily have the access and can reach across his entire back without having to reach.
- Stand or kneel by his side, placing one of your hands on his lower back and the other hand up between the shoulder blades, over the heart. Then warm up his back by applying pressure with your thumbs along both sides of his spine simultaneously. You should start at the lower back and work your way up to the neck area, rather than the other way around.
- Then use a delicate stroke to apply massage oil, and do this by using one long stroke and slide your palms down either side of the spine to the pelvis, then scoop your hands out around his hips and back up the sides to the shoulder blades. Remember to keep constant contact with the back, and always glide your hands rather than remove completely when you are moving to another area.
- You should especially work on areas that feel hard or tight, as these are called knots and working out these will immediately make the person feel calmer more relaxed. Use your fingertips; always perform clockwise circular friction along the muscles that are close to the spine and around the shoulder blades, as these are usually the areas with maximum tension. Don't forget to rotate the arms gently and regularly, one at a time, in order to help loosen the shoulder joints and enhance blood flow.
- There are large numbers of benefits that can be gained from a Back Massage, such as relaxation, increased body awareness, improved circulation, and improved lymphatic drainage for release of toxins. However, while you are giving a Back Massage, you must remember, not to put any direct pressure on the spine, and to avoid any broken skin, blisters, or areas of possible infection.
VISITOR COMMENTS on "Back Massage Relaxation Tips":
|1. Massage Therapy and Bodywork
Different Types of Massage Therapy and Bodywork
The form of massaging which uses pressure and tension to the soft tissues of the body, like muscles, connective tissue, [...]
|2. Skin Toners
Basically toner is a lotion to shrink the pores and cleanse the skin. toners are typically used on the face. Some people disagreement whether toner is [...]
|3. Pressed Flowers and Stickers to a Candle
How to Add Pressed Flowers and Stickers to a Candle?
Candles with pressed flowers just under their surface are really beautiful to look at. You would [...]
|4. Lemon: Benefits, Using Tips and Side Effects
Lemon: Benefits, Using Tips and Side Effects
Lemon essential oil is obtained by cold pressing of the fresh peel and this essential [...]
Bookmark This Page:
Send Page to a Friend
Aromatherapy and Soaps
Skin Care and Beauty Product
Candle and Accessories