Candles, Aromatherapy & Soaps (Home) > Candle Making > Gel Air Fresheners
Make Your Own Gel Air Fresheners
It will be interesting if you make your own gel air fresheners and create a unique atmosphere at your home. Especially, when the gel air fresheners slowly spread the sweet smell in your home, you will have refreshing and lovely feeling.
You can certainly buy gel air fresheners from the market, but if you make your own then you will have lots of choices regarding the scents, decoration and colors. It is easy to make, and that will certainly boost your creativity and productivity. Same time you can save your money.
It will be helpful, if you go through the instruction carefully and make a mind to make your own gel air fresheners.
Once you get success in your air fresheners’ project, it is sure that you will be self motivated and encouraged to carry out making your gel air fresheners whole life at your home. You will also experiment different colors and scents to make various types of gel air fresheners.
The total procedure and the process needed to make gel air fresheners is less than an hour.
The ingredients and apparatus needed for making gel air freshener
- Distilled water, two cups
- Essential oil or fragrance
- Unflavored gelatin, 4 packages
- Empty jar
- Food coloring, (it is optional)
- Mold inhibitor (it is optional)
How to make it?
- First take 1 cup of distilled water and boil it.
- Mix about 4 packets of unflavored gelatin and stir it carefully until get dissolved.
- Take out the mixture and again stir in another 1 cup of water.
- Then put about 10-20 drops concentrated fragrance or essential oil. If you want then add some food coloring to get tint in the gel. Then add a mold inhibitor, such as OR a small amount of potassium carbonate, 1-2 Teaspoon salt OR little vodka.
- After that you got to pour the gel into decorative jar, or baby food container.
- The gel should be kept at room temperature to get set, or you can put it in the fridge for a fast set.
- If you want the jars can be decorated beautifully, and then the gel air fresheners is ready for use.
- Gel air fresheners project requires heating activities; therefore, supervision of elders is required.
- Feel comfortable to scale the ingredients little more or less and it all depends on you that how much amount of gel you require. (For an example for 2 cups water you need four packages of Gelatin).
- If you like, you may dissolve gelatin in thick liquid, potpourri (so you may not require other ingredients) to make your gel air fresheners. Use a ratio of 1 cup liquid to 2 packages gelatin.
- You can also have multicolored gels by pouring different colors over each other.
VISITOR COMMENTS on "Making Gel Air Fresheners":
|1. Massage Parlor
Legal and Moral Issues of a Massage Parlors
Generally a Massage Parlor is an establishment that offers therapeutic massage. But people consider it, as an establishment that offers illicit [...]
|2. Orange Blossom: Benefits, Using Tips and Side Effects
Orange Blossom: Benefits, Using Tips and Side Effects
Orange essential oil are taken by steam distillation of fresh plant material, The acids in the fruit juice break down [...]
|3. Tea Tree Oil Benefits
Tea tree oil for skin care
The extraction from the melaleuca tree is known as the tea tree oil. One should never be confused with the tea oil; the [...]
|4. Skin And Beauty Care During Pregnancy
Skin and beauty care during pregnancy
The period of pregnancy is very crucial for woman’s skin as there is a lot of fluctuations of hormones [...]
Bookmark This Page:
Send Page to a Friend
Aromatherapy and Soaps
Skin Care and Beauty Product
Candle and Accessories